Scarborough Health Network (SHN) is pleased to be expanding the use of eReferrals for our programs and services. Healthcare Providers will be able to more seamlessly submit patient referrals electronically to us for an increasing number of hospital services.
NOTE: While we transition at SHN to more eReferrals, many of our programs and services have PDF referral forms that can be downloaded. Please view our Referral Form Directory.
Our eReferral Tools
To help better connect our network with community providers, SHN has moved to the use of two complementary platforms: Ocean eReferral Network and EpicCare Link.
- eReferral platform offered through the Provincial eServices Program, currently funded by Ontario Health
- Directory of referral destinations in the community and hospitals, with eReferral forms supporting a wide range of services
- Integrates with Accuro, TELUS PS Suite, and OSCAR Pro to launch auto-populated referrals directly from the patient chart in your EMR
- Ocean eReferral can also be accessed directly on the web at www.oceanhealthmap.ca
- Simplified communication and tracking between primary care providers, specialists and patients
- SHN is actively collaborating on developing a wide range of Ocean eReferral destinations in our region in the coming months
SHN services now using the Ocean eReferral Network
(NOTE: These, along with all referral forms, can be found in our Referral Forms directory page)
How to Register
SHN and the Scarborough Ontario Health Team (SOHT) and Scarborough Family Physicians Network (SFPN) are working together to support healthcare providers in our community who may be interested in onboarding onto Ocean and/or EpicCare Link.
Sign up for Ocean as a provider
For additional information or to request a demo of Ocean eReferral, please email your Ontario Health East Deployment Team at: firstname.lastname@example.org.