Join us to learn about the Scarborough Health Network (SHN)’s Birchmount Hospital redevelopment project and discuss the exciting future of healthcare in Scarborough!
SHN has big plans underway for expanding and renewing our hospital facilities and community sites. We are building into the future to meet our diverse and growing community’s evolving needs and transform care for all of Scarborough.
The first phase is a redevelopment of our Birchmount Hospital which will:
- Double Birchmount’s current capacity by adding new beds and operating rooms
- Expand services for medicine, surgery, critical and emergency care, mental health and addictions care and stroke care.
We are inviting all patients, families, donors, community partners, and Scarborough residents to register for our upcoming Community Forum to explore our Birchmount Hospital’s redevelopment project:
Date: Wednesday, March 8
Time: 6 – 7:30 p.m.
Location: Markham Convention Centre (2901 Markham Road, Scarborough)
Click here to register.
Light refreshments will be served. Free parking on site.
Other important work happening at SHN includes:
- Redevelopment of SHN – General Hospital diagnostic imaging space and a new operating suite
- Development of the Bridletowne Neighbourhood Centre and associated dialysis units
- Redevelopment of SHN – Centenary Hospital Emergency Department, including new fracture, cardiac diagnostics, and arrhythmia clinics
- Creation of the Scarborough Academy of Medicine and Integrated Health (SAMIH) education centre at our Centenary Hospital
Together, you are helping us to realize our vision of being Canada’s leading community health network and transforming the health and patient care experience.
We look forward to your participation as we embark on the exciting redevelopment of our Birchmount Hospital, and the future of healthcare in Scarborough.