Prenatal breast/chest feeding classes are offered to expectant families. The classes are led by lactation consultants, who teach about:
- What to expect in the first few days after your baby is born
- The benefits of breast/chest feeding
- How to breast/chest feed and be confident in your ability
- What is a good latch
- How often to breast/chest feed and how to know if baby is getting enough
- Breast/chest feeding myths and facts, common challenges and solutions
- Hand expressing, breast pump options, and how best to store expressed breast milk
- Breast/chest feeding supports available at Scarborough Health Network and within the community
Classes at Centenary hospital
One-hour sessions are offered twice a month from 2 – 3 p.m. on weekends. No registration is required.
For more information call 416-284-8131 ext. 4530
Classes at General hospital
Classes are held every fourth Wednesday of the month from 1 – 2:30 p.m. in the Global Community Resource Centre, ground floor. Registration is not required.
For more information call 416-438-2911 ext. 3222