The Genetics clinic at SHN is located at our Centenary hospital. Through this clinic, we offer genetic counseling services to expectant couples. Some of the indications we offer consults for are:
- Couples at an increased risk to have a baby born with a known genetic condition (such as sickle cell disease or thalassemia)
- Couples with an abnormal ultrasound findings
- Couples with a high-risk screening result (through Non Invasive Prenatal Test, or First Trimester Screen with a risk greater than 1 in 20)
- Couples with a personal and/or family history of a genetic condition or a chromosome abnormality
- Newborns with a congenital anomaly, or a known or suspected genetic condition
Our team consists of genetic counsellors and a physician geneticist. Genetic procedures and testing can be arranged at various hospitals and laboratories, as appropriate.
For more information, please call 416-281-7425. A referral from your midwife or doctor will be required.
This clinic now accepts Ocean eReferrals! For additional information, please email your Ontario Health East Deployment Team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Registering for Ocean
SHN, the Scarborough Ontario Health Team (SOHT), and Scarborough Family Physicians Network (SFPN) are working together to support healthcare providers in our community who may be interested in onboarding onto Ocean. Get started by completing the Ontario Health East online form.