The Scarborough Kids Development Clinic provides assessments for children under six years of age and living in Scarborough. Children with developmental, behavioural and learning challenges may be referred to the program by a paediatrician, family physician or nurse practitioner.
Children with suspected speech and communication delay, motor delay, autism, learning difficulties or global developmental delay will be assessed either by a developmental paediatrician or a neurologist.
For a child with complex developmental and behavioural needs, a multidisciplinary team may be involved. This team includes a speech-language pathologist, occupational therapist and/or psychologist.
Families have access to consultation with our social worker, occupational therapist and/or speech-language pathologist based on individual child and family needs.
Before Your Appointment
Please bring completed questionnaires to your first appointment:
- Developmental Paediatrician
- Paediatric Neurology
Clinical staff available:
- Clinical Psychologist
- Occupational Therapist
- Social Worker
- Speech-Language Pathologist
Phone: 416-438-2911 Ext. 6120
Visit us at:
Medical Mall at SHN – General Hospital
3030 Lawrence Ave. E., Suite B07
Send mail to:
Scarborough Kids Development Clinic
3050 Lawrence Ave. E.
- First visit the Registration Desk at SHN’s General Hospital, located at the main entrance
- Registration team members will direct patients and their families to the new space
- Use the elevators to go to the basement, and follow the signage to the Scarborough Kids Development Clinic
- Access will be provided via buzzer, intercom or by using the telephone provided outside the clinic
The Joy of Sensory Play
A virtual workshop on sensory processing development and sensory processing activities for children under 6 years old and families living in Scarborough.
April 25, 2022 at 2 p.m.