The Scarborough Kids Development Clinic provides diagnostic assessments for children under six years of age and resides in Scarborough. Additionally, children with developmental behavioural and learning challenges may be referred for an assessment to our program.
- Kid’s age must be six years of age or under
- Kid’s must have residence in Scarborough
- Kid’s have a developmental behavioural and/or learning challenge
Children with suspected speech and communication delay, motor delay, autism, learning difficulties or global developmental delay will be assessed either by a developmental paediatrician or a neurologist.
For a child with complex developmental and behavioural needs, a multidisciplinary team may be involved. This team includes a speech-language pathologist, occupational therapist and psychologist.
Families have access to consultation with our social worker, occupational therapist and speech-language pathologist based on individual child and family needs.
Make a Referral
Prior to your appointment, we highly recommend completing the parent and pre-school/school questionnaire (for those in daycare/school).
These clinics now accept Ocean eReferrals! For additional information, please email your Ontario Health East Deployment Team at email@example.com
SHN, the Scarborough Ontario Health Team (SOHT), and Scarborough Family Physicians Network (SFPN) are working together to support healthcare providers in our community who may be interested in onboarding onto Ocean. Get started by completing the Ontario Health East online form.
Physician referrals may be faxed to 416-292-9678.
Scarborough Kids Development Clinic E-Referral Form
Scarborough Kids Development PDF Referral Form
Please bring completed questionnaires to your first appointment:
- Parent Questionnaire
- Recommended for all families to complete
- Preschool Questionnaire
- For children under six who are in daycare, preschool or kindergarten, please have the daycare/school complete
- School Questionnaire
- Families of children six and older, please have the school complete
- Developmental Paediatrician
- Paediatric Neurology
Clinical staff available:
- Clinical Psychologist
- Occupational Therapist
- Social Worker
- Speech-Language Pathologist
Phone: 416-438-2911 Ext. 6120
Visit us at:
Medical Mall at SHN – General Hospital
3030 Lawrence Ave. E., Suite B07
Send mail to:
Scarborough Kids Development Clinic
3050 Lawrence Ave. E.
- First visit the Registration Desk at SHN’s General Hospital, located at the main entrance
- Registration team members will direct patients and their families to the new space
- Use the elevators to go to the basement, and follow the signage to the Scarborough Kids Development Clinic
- Access will be provided via buzzer, intercom or by using the telephone provided outside the clinic
Joy of Feeding Workshop Part 1
Virtual intro feeding workshop facilitated by Scarborough Kids Development Clinic Occupational Therapist and Speech-Language Pathologist
March 22, 2023 at 1 p.m.