This week, the Ontario government announced that the (Moderna) bivalent COVID-19 booster is available immediately for the most vulnerable populations, and starting September 26 for everyone aged 18 and over. Scarborough Health Network (SHN) and our Scarborough Ontario Health Team (SOHT) partners continue to encourage all eligible community members to get their fall vaccine booster this September, including the bivalent booster that protects against two strains of COVID-19 (the original strain and the current predominant strain).
Vulnerable groups eligible for Fall Boosters (bivalent):
- individuals aged 70 and over;
- residents of long-term care homes, retirement homes, Elder Care Lodges and individuals living in other congregate settings that provide assisted-living and health services;
- First Nation, Inuit and Métis individuals and their non-Indigenous household members aged 18 and over;
- moderately to severely immunocompromised individuals aged 12 and over;
- pregnant individuals aged 18 and over; and
- health care workers aged 18 and over.
Fall Boosters (bivalent) for everyone aged 18 and over
We will begin administering the bivalent booster to those 18+ starting on September 26. You can book now for these upcoming appointments dates.
Fall Boosters for students
We also continue to provide Fall Boosters for those ages 5-12 and 12-17. The approved vaccines for these age groups are monovalent and protect again the current predominant strain.
Book your Fall Booster appointment today: www.ScarbVaccine.ca
VaxFacts Clinic can help answer your Fall Booster questions and more!
SHN’s VaxFacts Clinic physicians are here to answer your vaccine and infectious disease-related questions, including about Fall boosters, monkeypox and more; COVID-19 vaccines and treatments, including Evusheld and Paxlovid; along with childhood vaccines, flu vaccines and preventive counselling. Schedule a one-to-one phone conversation with a physician by calling 416-438-2911 ext. 5738 or visiting shn.ca/VaxFacts.