Our volunteers are here for you
Call Ahead for Volunteer Assistance (CAVA) is an innovative program for patients and visitors who need a helping hand when they come to the hospital.
Patients or visitors can call to reserve a volunteer up to 24 hours before their hospital visit. You will be met by a volunteer as you arrive, and your volunteer will not leave your side until you reach your destination. When your appointment or visit is finished, your volunteer will return tho help you depart the hospital.
Volunteers can help with
- Directions to locations in the hospital
- Finding a patient room
- Reserving and using a wheelchair
- Calling a cab or WheelTrans
Follow these easy steps
You can reach us at firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling the CAVA hotline at 416-438-2911 ext. 6846 where you can leave a message.
To set up your service, please have the following details ready:
- Patient name
- Contact telephone number
- Date and time of hospital visit
- Hospital site you will be visiting
- Arrival time and pick-up location
We will give you a call to confirm your appointment details. Then you’re all set. One of our volunteers will meet you at your pick-up spot at the scheduled time.
- Regional Cardiac Care Centre (2nd Floor)
- Coronary Care Unit (2nd Floor)
- Arrhythmia Management Clinic (2nd Floor)
- Cardiac Care Ward on Medicine Unit (9th Floor)
- Cardiovascular Rehabilitation Site (11th Floor)
- Heart Function Clinic (Central Wing, 1st Floor)
- Cardiac Diagnostics
- Pacemaker Centre