To ensure we have the safest possible environment at Scarborough Health Network (SHN) to work and deliver care to our community, we have new guidelines in place for vendors and contractors working on-site at our hospitals.
COVID-19 Vaccine Policy
SHN has put in place an updated COVID-19 Vaccination Policy as of September 7, 2021 that is aligned with the Ontario Ministry of Health’s Directive #6. A key component of the policy and program requires all vendors and contractors to be fully vaccinated (two doses, including 14 days since their second dose), with the exception of those who have an approved medical exemption.
As of October 1, all vendors and contractors who are not fully vaccinated will be required to do mandatory COVID-19 PCR testing three times per week at a COVID-19 Assessment Centre and provide results to their own organization. Testing will continue be required until they have submitted proof to their own organization that they are fully vaccinated (14 days post-second dose).
Those who have an approved medical exemption, will continue to require regular testing (three times per week) for as long as they are working on-site at SHN.
As of October 15, all vendors and contractors working on-site will need to provide:
- Proof of full vaccination against COVID-19; or
- Proof of 1 vaccination against COVID-19 (with proof of a negative COVID-19 test within the last 48 hours); or
- Proof of SHN COVID-19 Vaccination Policy Compliance Pass
All vendors/contractors who do not have a Compliance Pass and have not received at least 1 dose of a COVID-19 vaccine (accompanied with proof of a negative COVID-19 test within the last 48 hours), will NOT be permitted to work on-site at SHN.
Attestation Form and Compliance Pass
Your organization can support your staff by completing an Attestation Form that confirms they are fully vaccinated, and getting an SHN COVID-19 Vaccination Policy Compliance Pass for them. Your staff will be able to show the approved Compliance Pass to gain expedited entry.
- Once the Attestation Form has been submitted, you will be able to print and complete the Compliance Pass for any applicable staff.
- If the Attestation Form is not completed, your staff will have to go through screening. Only fully vaccinated vendors who provide proof of vaccination along with government-issued photo ID will be permitted on-site.
Your organization is accountable for:
- Maintaining employee/staff records, including proof of vaccination or approved medical exemption
- Ensuring compliance with SHN’s policy, including PCR testing requirements
- Reviewing and following up on COVID-19 test results
- Providing any statistical data to SHN at the request of the Chief Medical Officer of Health