There are two (2) components to the onboarding process, outlined below. Please read carefully and follow the instructions provided.
1) Communicable Disease Health Screen
As part of the mandatory onboarding requirement, Students and Volunteers are required to submit proof a 2-Step TB and vaccine or lab results indicating immunity for Measles, Mumps, Rubella and Varicella within the last 12 months.
To obtain a copy of this form please click the link below.
**Note: This mandatory screen must be completed prior to date of Orientation. Failure to do so will jeopardize eligibility to begin placement at SHN.
2) Required Compliance Training
You must complete mandatory compliance courses. Below, please find the list of these mandatory courses and their course content. Please note that as part of your Placement Documentation Package you must sign off on all required areas.
Click on each of the links below to download the PDF versions of the material
- Privacy Training
- Privacy Training Module
- Privacy of Personal Health Information Policy
- Privacy Attestation
- Statement of Confidentiality
- Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA)
- Health & Safety Training – Manual and Quiz
- Health & Safety Awareness for Non-Leaders
- WHMIS 2015 Transition to GHS
Note: Once you have finished the training please submit the completed forms to Florence Edebiri (via email at NCstudendplacement@shn.ca or TSHemail@example.com, or by hand delivery or interoffice mail to the Volunteer Services offices at the Birchmount site).