Scarborough Health Network (SHN) is committed to providing our community with access to assessment, testing and care. Our Cold/Flu/COVID-19 Clinic, located at our General Hospital, is for patients who develop moderate symptoms common to COVID-19, the flu or a cold.
Patients seen at the clinic will be given a medical assessment by a physician, who will consult with them about next steps they should take for their care. Patients may also receive a COVID-19 test and/or a flu shot, as appropriate.
- The physician may be on-site or may join your appointment at the clinic virtually.
- COVID-19 tests at this clinic cannot be used for travel purposes.
- Do not eat, drink, smoke, chew gum or vape 30 minutes before your appointment.
Who should go to a Cold/Flu/COVID-19 Clinic?
You may book an appointment at SHN’s Cold/Flu/COVID-19 Clinic if you would like a physician consult and you have any of the following moderate symptoms:
- Fever (temperature of 37.8 degrees °C or above) that’s not caused from a known infection or illness
- Any worsening:
- Cough, shortness of breath
- Sore throat or hoarse voice
- Runny nose or sneezing, nasal congestion
- Loss of taste or smell
- Nausea and vomiting, or diarrhea, or abdominal pain
- Flu-like illness
- Pink eye/redness of eye(s)
Get COVID-19 tested at one of SHN’s COVID-19 Assessment Centres, or learn more about other testing options in the community.
Toronto Public Health
3050 Lawrence Avenue East
Hours of operation
Monday to Saturday, 11 a.m. – 7 p.m.
Off of Lawrence Ave. outside of the hospital building, on the South side near the ambulance bay. Please follow the directions on-site. If you are driving, please park in the parking garage first.
Book Your Appointment
If you have any of the above moderate symptoms, you are eligible to make an appointment for a physician consultant at SHN’s Cold/Flu/COVID-19 Clinic. Please note: the physician may be on-site or may join your appointment at the clinic virtually. For questions not related to your appointment, please email email@example.com.
What you should know
- Please do not eat, drink, smoke, chew gum or vape 30 minutes before your appointment.
- Please arrive 10 minutes before your appointment to allow time for parking and accessing the Cold/Flu/COVID-19 Clinic.
- Free parking is available in the visitor parking garage.
- Follow the signage for the Cold/Flu/COVID-19 Clinic.
- You will be registered by one of our clerks, seen by a physician (on-site or virtually at your appointment at the clinic), and may receive a COVID-19 test if appropriate.
- Please proceed back to the parking lot, and do not enter other areas of the hospital.
- Ensure you follow any instructions provided to you by the nurse regarding self-monitoring and self-isolation.
- If your symptoms become severe (difficulty breathing, chest pain/tightness/crushing sensation, feeling confused, loss of consciousness) please call 911 or visit the closest Emergency department right away.
If you have taken a COVID-19 test, you can access and view your test results through the Ministry of Health’s online tool.