SHN is recognized as a Centre of Practice by the Ontario Renal Network for peritoneal dialysis (PD) body access. We are accepting referrals for PD access consultation and insertion. Our PD services include:
- Weekly PD clinic with designated surgeon and PD Access Resource Nurse specializing in complex PD cases;
- Surgical assessment for PD catheter insertion (non-embedded), revision/repositioning and removal;
- Laparoscopic PD catheter insertion and revision with omentoplexy, adhesion lysis, hernia repair, and other advanced laparoscopic procedures;
- Designated operating room times for PD insertion with minimal waiting time;
- Designated Nurse Practitioner for assessment and triage of urgent cases;
- Comprehensive patient education material and recommended follow-up care if for patients of other Chronic Kidney Disease (CKD) programs; and
Timely communication with referring health care providers and patients pertaining to plan of care.