SHN’s first-ever hackathon event will be held on January 30, 2020 at Carefirst Seniors and Community Services Association. We will be partnering with our community to find research solutions for emerging questions around health equity and health service utilization in Scarborough.
Community health partners, patients, and families are invited to join SHN to:
- Generate new ideas
- Learn about the challenges of Scarborough through different lenses
- Improve health equity in our community
Participants will work together in teams to come up with innovative ideas to:
- Gain a better understanding of factors that influence access and use of health care services
- Identify priority gaps and reasons for relatively low utilization of health care services by Scarborough residents.
New ideas and action plans will be shared with participants at the end of the day with an opportunity for Questions and Answers. The audience will vote on which submissions will serve as a starting point further work or research in the community.
HEAR FROM OUR SPEAKERS
- Dr. Andrew Bond – Dr. Bond is a Medical Director at Inner City Health Associates, staff physician in the Department of Family Medicine and faculty member of the Health Justice Program at St. Michael’s Hospital and lecturer at the University of Toronto’s Department of Family and Community Medicine.
- Gavin Wardle – Partner at Preyra Solutions Group; a Toronto based health care research and consulting firm. In his work at PSG, Gavin designs and implements ways to improve a health care planning and funding across the continuum of care.
Be a part of moving healthcare ideas into action!
- Thursday, January 30, 2020, 8 a.m. – 5 p.m.
- Carefirst Seniors and Community Services Association (300 Silver Star Blvd., Scarborough)
Meal and refreshments will be served. Parking on site is free.