Working with our many community and government partners, patients, staff, physicians, volunteers, and donors, Scarborough Health Network (SHN) is transforming patient care and outcomes today, and charting a new course to create a healthier tomorrow.
Scarborough Health Network is officially recognized as a Best Practice Spotlight Organization (BPSO) by the Registered Nurses’ Association of Ontario (RNAO) – a concrete reflection of the hospital’s vision to be recognized as Canada’s leader in providing the best health care for a global community.
What is a Best Practice Spotlight Organization?
Best Practice Spotlight Organizations (BPSOs) are health-care and academic organizations selected by the Registered Nurses’ Association of Ontario (RNAO) through a request for proposals process to implement and evaluate the RNAO’s best practice guidelines. It is a dynamic partnership that focuses on making a positive impact on patient care though evidence-based practice.
SHN has implemented ten evidence-based Best Practice Guidelines (BPGs) that positively impact the health and well-being of its patients.
- Person- and Family-Centred Care
- Assessment and Management of Pain
- Developing and Sustaining Interprofessional Health Care
- Caregiving Strategies for Older Adults with Delirium, Dementia and Depression
- Preventing and Managing Violence in the Workplace
- Strategies to Support Self-Management in Chronic Conditions
- Assessment and Care of Adults at Risk for Suicidal Ideation and Behaviour
- Pressure Injury Prevention
- Preventing Falls and Reducing Injuries from Falls
Evidence from these BPGs are being incorporated into standards of practice, policies, and protocols across the various professions at SHN.
For more information on BPSOs, please visit http://rnao.ca/bpg/bpso.